Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentines Day Treat

I saw this yummy idea on The Idea Room, but she used cinnamon bears, and that didn't sound good to me, so I bought some cherry gummy hearts in the Valentines section of the store. So here's my version of,

Chocolate covered Valentines Candy
1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
2 bags Valentines Gummy Candy
1T Shortening


Melt Shortening and chocolate until melted. Drop gummy candies in chocolate and use a fork to remove them.

Shake excess chocolate off...

and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Chill in refrigerator until chocolate hardens. Remove from wax paper and place in a cute bag or candy dish. Try not to eat them all in one sitting!

6 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Cute & Yummy! Love the topiary too!

tammy said...

Yummy! I would have to replace the cherry candy with cinnamon, and do dark chocolate instead of milk because that's how I roll.

Tami Anderson said...

OHHHHH! I have some left over chocolate from Christmas. I'm making these TONIGHT! Thanks Maria.

Connie said...

There better be some left on Saturday, they look delish.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

those are so cute!

Kristin said...

Yum! What I really want to do is reach into my screen and grab one to try, Willy Wonka style!