Friday, January 22, 2010

Frugal Friday

Rainy Day Farm

So this month I have been in a funk. I don't feel like blogging, organizing, or generally working hard at much of anything. I am sure you have noticed that I have been spotty at best on the blogging thing, but no need to worry I go through this every January. The only thing I want to do is watch movies, read books, and generally lay around and be lazy. After talking to my mom, instead of fighting it, I am embracing it and enjoying some down time.

So here goes this weeks Frugal Friday post. I don't want to get out of the habit of everything, so here goes. I was over at Gales blog Grocery Cart Challenge and saw her latest post on saving money vs. convenience. This is post is about packaged lettuce

and baby carrots.
Go take a look at what she has to say on this. I am taking this challenge and be better about taking the 5 minutes and chopping my own veggies. I hope to save money doing it. Hopefully this should help in my...

Which is going very well by the way. I will be doing a post on that at the end of the month. Hopefully I will have gotten past my funk!

5 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

You know, I stopped buying the bagged lettuce a while ago. But not because of the expense. We started to notice that the lettuce has a chemical taste to it. That to me just ain't right! So.. I've been buying lettuce heads instead, and pulling off a bit at at time as we need it. I'm avoiding the chemicals as well as saving a $ or 2. I do buy the baby carrots. I just like them.. lol. I eat them for snacks, but I do buy them when on sale, and in large bags. They last a long time in the fridge bin. I'm probably spending a little more, but I don't like to peel carrots.
Ok.. now that I have wrote a book....

I am totally feeling a funk girl. It's NOT as bad as it usually is this time of year, because I have really been fighting it. However, we have not seen the sun at all in about 8 days.. and I'm wearing thin. Nothing wrong with reading, movie watching, and chill'n.. go for it girl.. oh and have some tea while your at it!

tammy said...

I don't know if I'm in a funk, or just wanting to do things other than blogging. I am getting some stuff accomplished, so that feels good.

Connie said...

So can you read Chinese? I wonder what she said.

I have an award for you, go check out my blog.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

know the feeling of being lazy! mne too! i saw on the today show about buying the way we did a long time ago...i agree!

wendy said...

It is no fun to be in a funk.
reading, being lazy, can be good things sometimes.

the nice thing about being my age and no more kids in the house
is I CAN buy bagged lettuce/salad, and baby carrots.
I am spoiled now that way