Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do you believe?

I have to admit that I LOVE Santa Claus. Not because he represents gifts or the horrible commercialization of Christmas, but because to me he represents everything good and sweet about Christmas. I like to think of him as the facilitator of kindness, love, and childhood excitement. We talk a lot about the birth of the Savior at our house, but Santa is also talked about with kindness and a sort of reverence. Not that he overshadows the Birth of Christ, but rather encourages brotherly love and everything wonderful that Christ stands for.
I have also decided that I will always believe in Santa. My kids will always here that from me, and they can come to their own conclusions when the time comes.

So, I made these adorable blocks when I was at my parents house over Thanksgiving. My Mom found them on another blog, and I don't have that address to give credit. I am sorry and if you know who it is please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due! There is even the rare picture of me! For once I was not behind the camera. I also have to thank my mom for all the supplies. She is so great about letting me raid all of her great craft supplies!


7 comments:

Connie said...

You did an awesome job. Where did you learn to be so crafty? Oh ya, it must run through our blood.
I really like the Christmas tree paper, maybe I will do a set with just that paper. What do you think?

Suzanne said...

I love these blocks and sign. Great job!!!!!
I feel exactly the same. My girls are 14 and 12 and they know I believe. They have also come to their own conclusion and that's okay because someday when they have children...they will believe, too. I love how you describe it as not taking away from the birth of Christ but adding to the day.

Beth said...

I love your sign!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

That turned out awesome! Maria.. that is such a great picture of you!!

Kristin said...

cute! You and the blocks!

Emma-Jayne said...

Love them, and the colour choice. xx

tammy said...

So cute. And I agree, if treated right, Santa can represent good and not just what he brings us.