Friday, January 23, 2009

Favorite Freezer item








This week for the The Grocery Cart Challenge I decided to post one of my all time favorite recipies. You can always find these easy to make meatballs in my freezer. I got this recipe from an old Quick Cooking Magazine and my family loves it. This recipe feeds our family of 5 for many meals. Next week I will post two great recipies to use these meatballs in. Enjoy.

Make-Ahead Meatballs

4 eggs
2 c. dry bread crumbs (I like Italian)
1/4 c. dried onions
1 T. salt
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. pepper
4 lbs. lean ground beef

In a large mixing bowl beat eggs. Add Hamburger and work eggs in with your hands. Add remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands. Shape into 1 in. balls and place on an ungreased pan. I use a jelly roll pan with sides to stop the grease from dripping in my oven. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, or until meatballs or cooked completely through. Drain grease and cool. Place in freezer bags and store in freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Whitney Seaberg said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm excited to try it!

Kristin said...

excellent! I've been looking for a good meatball recipe actually. I like the freezer idea!