Monday, December 1, 2008

Deck the Hall's


Ok, so I am one of those annoying people who start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween, and forgo shopping in the madness of black Friday to put up my tree the day after Thanksgiving. I love all the decorations and the twinkling of the lights. I had my husband up at 7:00 am to get everything down from the attic.

Opening those boxes is like Christmas itself. I love to remember all the beloved decorations that have become tradition in our home. I love the stockings with our names on them, the It's a Wonderful Life pillow, the 3ft tall Santa, the Christmas train for under the tree, and my snow globe collection. It is an all day process that we all love, especially when all the mess is cleaned up.

My favorite thing to do is turn off all the lights, after the kids have gone to bed of course, and listen to a little Bing Crosby, sip some hot cocoa, and watch the lights on the tree. As a kid I loved the night that my mom would let us sleep under the tree. I can't wait for all the fun things that come with the Christmas season.

2 comments:

Boyd Family said...

So, after having spent 20 minutes trying to figure out which background I liked and which text colors etc...I decided to check out your blog....I LOVE IT!!!!

Megan said...

Wow, all the christmas decorations AND the tree up in one day? You rock! And everyone still looks happy after all that decorating together!