Thursday, October 9, 2008

General Conference


I love General Conference weekend. I look forward to each conference weekend during the year. I love hanging out in my comfy clothes and being nourished and revitalized all weekend. Plus I love to have extra treats so I am nourished physically too. This conference really meant a lot to me because of recent trials. For some reason 2008 had turned out to be the year of challenges for our family.I needed the comforting guidance that the church leaders always provide, and felt so renewed by the end of the weekend.

I felt spiritually invincible, then I woke up Monday morning. Satan was ready and waiting, but it did not matter because I still managed to get past it and still fell uplifted. The kids had a very fun packet to work on during the sessions and Landon was awesome about taking naps at just the right time. Robb's parents came down for a short visit and we had lots of fun and of course yummy comfort food. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the dinner. It was soooooooo good. Company potatoes with ham, peach jello, garlic rolls, and cake for dessert. What a weekend! I can't wait until April.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wasn't conference awesome?