Thursday, September 18, 2008

Passing on the Tradition!



We had so much fun making our own home made applesauce. It brings back so many childhood memories of helping my own mother in her kitchen canning many different kinds of food, peaches, pears, etc. It was fun to have my mom here and passing the tradition onto a new generation. Addison and Logan were so much help. They loved to run the strainer and create the applesauce. They worked hard all day, without to much complaint.
There is something so satisfying about working hard and being self sufficient. The real joy will be on a cold, dreary, winter day pulling out a jar of this home made goodness and having it over a nice steaming biscuit. So a big thank-you to Terry for the apples and Cindy for the jars, and especially to my mom for helping me pass on this wonderful tradition. We can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ooooh, yum! I think I know what my Christmas gift should be! We are going to pick our apples tonight. Great memories for the kids.