Friday, March 4, 2011

Fresh Dessert

While waiting for my daughter to get her glasses, at Costco, we watched a promo on the TVs for a yummy dessert using Costco ingredients. We fell hook, line, and sinker and headed strait to the bakery section for the ingredients. It did not disappoint either. This tasted so fresh and summery after so much cold nasty weather we have been having.

So here is the recipe:

Pound Cake Berry Shortcake
1 pound cake loaf, sliced and toasted
Strawberries, sliced
Blueberries
Whipping cream, whipped
Powdered Sugar

Slice the pound cake and either toast or broil in the oven on both sides. Remove from oven and over with cream. Add berries on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar. So simple and so good.
I couldn't keep my kids out of the strawberries, they tasted so good after such a long time without them. So glad spring is just around the corner.

4 comments:

Mandy Bird said...

Ooohh..looks so yummy and fresh indeed! I can't wait to try this. I miss spring and summer!

wendy said...

Could you supersize that for me please.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Mmmmm.........

fiberdoodles said...

Oh one of my favorites! I wish computer monitors had scratch and sniff ;0)