Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Craft

My Mom has decided to start a once a month craft group. She decides on a craft, prepares everything and then you get a girls night out crafting. I was so excited when she decided to do this because with little kids crafting is just not an option. I don't have a good place to craft and then my kids ALWAYS want to craft too. Now, I love my kids, but crafting with them is not in any way fun for me when I am trying to get a project accomplished. So this idea was perfect for me.
So I ended up at my moms on Monday instead of her Thursday, but she let me craft anyway. I did sand everyone blocks for her so she let me do it on a different day.
This is the project that I did.
Simple wooden blocks that I personalized to suit my home and decor. This fits our family to a T and LOVE the way the barbed wire vinyl turned out. I have it sitting on an old barn wood cabinet and it fits right in. Thanks Mom!

7 comments:

Mandy Bird said...

Cute! We may be doing something like that here. We pay a lady $10 a month and we get to do a different craft each month.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Craft group day = awesome! I would SO love that. Your blocks turned out great, and I LURV what it says. I agree Maria its a perfect fit.

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

LOVE it!

Kristin said...

That is SO cute - I love it!

Megan said...

Cute - that will go perfect in your house!

Mona said...

I love your blocks! Can I be a part of your family and come to your craft group too? LOL. What a neat way to get a break and do what we never have the time to do and won't take the break . This certainly will to the trick. Thanks for sharing and don't mind me if I dye my hair dark and try to look like one of you and slip in.

Verde Farm said...

Oh my gosh-these are so cute! Love it.