Monday, November 1, 2010

Rainy Day Farm Tradition


We are crazy about every holiday around Rainy Day Farm. We LOVE to put up lots of decorations and really get our home in the spirit of all the major holidays. My kids love and beg early for decorations and such. One tradition we love is Christmas music, it is our favorite thing about the holiday (besides all the goodies).


So we all agree (except my husband, who gets overruled) that one month is not nearly long enough for Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and Nat King Cole to croon out there holiday melodies. So, at our house we start listening to all our favorites November 1st. You could call it open season for the music.

What is your favorite Christmas artist?

4 comments:

wendy said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad to have you stopping by my blog again.

and you know what's funny. I HAVE ALL OF THOSE ALBUMS/CD's. My parents had the Bing Crosby album (do you remember albums??) and I got the CD.

But...my dear...I can. not. listen to christmas music until December 1st.
It is LAW

but we all have our own personal traditions and that is all that counts...our own memories and experiences.

Verde Farm said...

Oh I so agree and love all of your Christmas albums here. You just can't beat the classics of Christmas. I would have to say my favorite is Nat King Cole-Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire :)
Amy

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

We luv Christmas music. Our local Christian radio station started playing Christmas music 24/7 on Oct. 30th. We've been listening in the car, and on the radio in the kitchen while I'm cook'n. I luv all the classics, especially Bing Crosby. I really enjoy listening to Country Christmas on Pandora.. you get all the country singers singing classics like George Straight, Martina McBride, etc.

Connie said...

You just can't beat the old classics. What is Christmas without Bing? Gotta love his smooth voice.