Friday, July 23, 2010

Frugal Friday

Rainy Day Farm

I know it has been a long time since I did one of these, but I just haven't come across anything worth posting about. But, I was talking to Amy and in the middle of our conversation a bee stung her. Before she rushed off the phone to take care of the painful little thing I remembered a great (frugal) remedy to bee stings. Here it is:

Finger Nail polish-placed on the sting site (after stinger removal). You can put a couple coats on if the pain does not go a way.

Where in the world did I hear about that? Well, I was at a friends house when my son got stung by a yellow jacket. I was getting ready to ask for baking soda and she ran in the house, fast as lightening, and came back with fingernail polish. She said it works great and stops the itch the next day. So we tried it and guess what, it worked like a charm. Within 15 minutes he didn't even remember he had a sting. It does not matter the color, but clear may be best for boys. I don't picture my husband walking around with bitten plum on his leg.


Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Used it! No itching.. at all!
Maria, I'm sorry I had to rush off the phone.
I can't tell you how bad that thing STUNG!
It swelled up huge.. stinking bee's!
Nice chatting with you as always.
Have a great weekend!

Baker's Venom Cleanser for Sting Cure said...

400 stung people die each year in the United States from their sting! Many of whom have been previously stung with no reaction! Why take the Chance by not being prepared? Prepare your first aid kit for any type of sting including jelly fish at: Baker's Venom Cleanser for Bee Sting Cure

LAT: Bee sting victim died from severe allergic reaction!/pages/Bee-Sting-Stories/119954358033892?ref=sgm

Orders to military addresses will be Doubled Free of Charge!