Sunday, March 21, 2010

Little Lamb

I thought this was perfect for the Easter season. This is my neighbors sheep and she had this precious little lamb this past Thursday. Isn't he just the sweetest thing? His mother is pretty cute herself.


Little Lamb who made thee
Dost thou know who made thee
Gave thee life & bid thee feed,
By the stream & o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing woolly bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice;
Little Lamb who made thee
Dost thou know who made thee


Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb I'll tell thee;
He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb:
He is meek & he is mild,
He became a little child:
I a child & thou a lamb,
We are called by his name.
Little Lamb God bless thee.
Little Lamb God bless thee.

-William Blake

10 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Too sweet for words. So beautiful.

Beth said...

How sweet!

Kerin said...

So cute.

Connie said...

Adorable! Hmmm, do I see sheep in your future?

Beautiful poem to go with it too.

Tami Anderson said...

The promise of Spring. I love it.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

what beautiful creatures! so white and clean!

Allison Scherer said...

I teach preschool for the next three weeks and a fieldtrip to see that precious little lamb would be perfect. Oh, the miles between us:(

wendy said...

There are some things about baby lambs that are just so precious.
After one of your posts about pygmy goats, I told my hubs I wanted some.

Easter is a special time.

Tina❀ said...

Oh my, is he sweet! And mama too. I love that bell on her.

fiberdoodles said...

So beautiful!