Saturday, February 7, 2009

Turning 8 is Great

Our baby girl is growing up to fast...pardon me while I wipe away the tears and have a moment to myself.. ok I am better now. I am in shock that I have had a child for eight years and that she is no longer a baby. In another short 8 years I will really be freaking out because I will be handing her car key at 16. Careful I just might fall of my stool at that one. Moving on from my small pity party for one...


...it was time for Addison to be baptized. Doesn't she look just like an angel sent from Heaven? She truly is an Angel in our lives, she is always smiling and ever so loving. I don't know how we got so lucky to have such a sweet soul in our family, we are truly blessed by her light.
She has been so excited for the past month about this big day. We have been talking to her about it and having many family nights teaching her on what will be expected of her. We even practiced going under the water. I admit to being a bit nervous, because as many of you know Addison has a bit of a water in the face phobia, and I was not sure how it would go. She promised me that she would go under the water when the time came. But to my surprise she was great. She came up to me afterwords and was so proud of herself for going under the water. She then said she was freezing and wanted to get warm asap.


We had so much fun with all of our family around to be there with her. She loved having her cousins come and be part of the fun. She kept saying it was the best day of her life. We were so proud of her and the maturity with which she handled this big event.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

oh wow what a great day! Congratulations!

Teresa said...

She is beautiful! I love her dress! I am so glad that her day was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Addison! She does look like an angel in that beautiful dress. Wish we could have been there!

Skeem's said...

She is so grown up that is crazy, congrats Addison on getting baptized! Love the dress

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Addison and congrats on your special baptism day. We are proud of your decision. You look so pretty in your white dress and sparkly jewelry!