Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Fair 2010

(My slide show wasn't working, so I had to remove it, hopefully that should fix the problem with this post)

Well, we made it through our first pygmy goat show of the year. It was a long 4 days but we also had lots of fun and learned lots of good info on our goats.

This is me in the Adult Showmanship on Friday morning. I was VERY nervous, as I have only done this class one other time, and am fairly new to the open class shows. You have to show your animal a certain way, turn the right way and answer questions about the breed. It is nerve wracking for me for some reason. I did learn a lot so that I can teach my kids the right way to show. I did get last place everyday, but I learned something new each class I was in.

This is Katrina, a girl in our 4-H group, with her little baby goat Ivy. Ivy was tired of showing and decided it was time to take a rest. It was so cute.

Here is Logan in the Jr. Showmanship class. They have to do all the things I have to in showmanship, but the judge is much more lenient.

Addison waiting her turn. Sorry for the crazy eyes, I had to use my flash and it made all our eyes go funky.

Hope you enjoyed our trip to the fair.

3 comments:

tammy said...

How fun. Cute little goat.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Cool... I can leave a comment now.. for some reason yesterday it wouldn't let me. Also.. your slideshow pics are missing. The other pics are great. Everyone seems to have a very nervous expression.. like deer in head lights.. lol.. Are the judges that harsh? What did the goats think about all those other goats? Sounds like a fun weekend!

Megan said...

Good for you for entering in a competition too! Looks like it was another fun fair weekend.