Friday, January 29, 2010

Frugal Friday

Rainy Day Farm

I have been stumped as to what to do this week for Frugal Friday. I have some ideas, but it requires me doing a project that I am not ready to do yet. So, I have been thinking about being frugal with time. Time you may be wondering, what's with time? But being frugal with time can make your life more peaceful and whole.


I have been feeling frustrated and taken over by obligations and menial things in my life that do nothing to enhance it. I feel very spacey and unorganized. I can't remember things I said that I would do. Several people have called me this week and asked if I had done the things they asked, and I hadn't, and even worse I didn't remember saying I would! That is bad!

So I have decided for the next month I am going to be better with my time. Less time surfing the net and waisting time. I am going to only be on the Internet 1 hour a day. Spend more time doing things with my kids. Have regular date night/time with my hubby. Be careful what I say yes to and do a good job with the things I do say yes too. I also plan to take time for myself to exercise, meditate, take baths, and just relax.

I hope you will take a look at your schedule and find a few things to cut in order to be more frugal with you time and take care of yourself. We as mother's deserve it!

4 comments:

Whitney Seaberg said...

This was such a much needed frugal tip for me. THANK YOU!!! I need to remember what is important in life and live that way. More time playing with my kids and less time talking on the phone. I will have to say this is one of my down falls. So this month I will be working on not being on the phone so much and better planning my day. There's only so much time in the day, and it's time for me to use it wisely!

tammy said...

Great advice! I've been trying to be better with my time and blog less.

Connie said...

Guilty as Charged! Too much time blog meandering and too little of anything else. One hour a day? Game on girl, I will be checking with you regularly to see that you are staying within your hour.

Megan said...

Sounds like a great idea - time management can be the hardest to master!