Monday, June 15, 2009

Found a riding buddy!

Tonight I was out riding this guy...



With this little girl...

When a gal from down the road came by and we got to chatting about our horses, and soon discovered that we both needed riding buddies. It's so much more fun when you have someone to chat with. So now I will have pal to hit the trail with. Her horse Comet (isn't that a cute name?)and my horse Fred (real original, I know) became fast friends.

I have been a little leery of riding by myself because there are cougars in our area, and as much as my horse loves me he would leave me as cougar bait in a second! I am not a chicken or anything. Yeah right, I come from a long line of chickens. My Grandma was a pistol packin mamma when she rode in the woods, and that was with my Grandpa. She didn't take any chances! No sirree, we aren't chickens, we're prepared!

So hopefully you will see less of me on the ground... (Heaven help me I need to get some better jeans, that's just not cute. )



...and a lot more of this! Happy Trails to you til' we meet again!

Y'all come back now ya hear!

6 comments:

momstheword said...

Oh, it will be exciting to have you join us next Monday. How fun!

Love your horses. My brother has 'em and my friend has 'em, but I've only ridden 'em once! I used to ride as a little girl but just don't do it anymore.

My brother lives in a small town and they have cougars too. I think that would be scary.

When I was little, we lived in a realllllly little town, (lol!) and one day a cougar came into town. Scared me to death!

All I have to worry about is the neighbor's pitbull, lol!

Megan said...

Glad you found a riding buddy. As you have a friend that is green with envy that you own a horse, you better ride him a ton or I'm coming over! Although avoiding cougars sounds like a pretty good idea...

Whitney Seaberg said...

If I had a horse I'd totally come ride!

Mona said...

I am soooo excited for you cause I know how much you love to ride. God works in mysterious ways and found you a riding buddy. Your horse is sooo beautiful too, and he deserves the exercise. Have fun!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Hey girl... having a riding partner is super fun.. enjoy!

Lisa said...

Awwww, seeing the pics make me miss my horses tremendously!! I learned to ride at 3 and even taught horseback riding during college. You look fantastic on Fred ;)